G.W. Davies Heating Engineers has a long and interesting history. The company was established in 1909 by George William Davies after he immigrated to New Zealand. The company's first workshop was located in McLaggan Street, Dunedin, and they installed the Hot Water Radiator Heating System in the NZ Express Company Building. Davies designed and installed the original Heating systems in the Dunedin Town Hall, Regent theatre and Consultancy house.

In 1953, Charles Henry Chettleburgh purchased the company and moved it to Great King Street, Dunedin North. Peter and Robert, Charlie's sons, continued to run the business together after their father retired in 1985.

In 1992, they moved to 3 Donald Street, Kaikorai Valley, and set up a retail showroom. They started selling and installing domestic fire space heaters and heat pumps when they became available. In 1994, they were successful in gaining the Otago-Dealership for Daikin Heat Pump/Airconditioners, which added another large component to the nature of the business.

In 1996/97, Daniel, one of Peter's twin sons, began his apprenticeship in Mechanical Services - HVAC, and Lindsey joined Davies in 2000 from the Automotive Engineering industry. The company continues to carry out its traditional work, such as installing radiator heating, boilers, ventilation, and servicing and repairing all systems.

As the Daikin brand has grown, covering both domestic and commercial installations, Davies has gradually grown into a much larger business over the last 30 years. Today, they trade as Davies Heat N Cool and own and operate from 1 Donald Street, Kaikorai Valley, maintaining their long-established first-class reputation in the heating and ventilation industry.

history 03
history 02
history 01